For those traveling to the camp from Grand Rapids:
Coach buses have been chartered for any chaperones and conventioneers who will be in the West Michigan area. This is the preferred transportation option. Conventioneers are not allowed to drive directly to the camp.
Buses will be leaving Monday morning from Covenant Christian High School for the camp. On Monday morning, 9-10th graders need to be at Covenant Christian High School at 5:30 AM, and 11th grade and above need to arrive between 6:00-6:30 AM. Be sure to arrive together with any friends who you would like to ride with. Siblings may arrive at CCHS together.
Note that buses will not be stopping for food on the way to the camp, so riders should pack their own snacks to eat. Lunch will be available in the cafeteria after arrival at the camp.
Buses will leave the camp on Friday between 9:30-10:30 AM (Central Time) to return to Covenant. Buses are expected to arrive at CCHS around 6-6:30pm Friday. On the return trip, snacks will be provided to riders.
If you need transportation to/from Grand Rapids airport (GRR), you are asked to arrive between noon and 6pm on Saturday, August 5th. Lodging arrangements can be specified during registration.
Return flights out of GRR should not have a scheduled departure before 9PM (Eastern) Friday night. We need sufficient time to unload the bus, commute to the airport, and pass through security.
If you need a Saturday return flight, we will make special arrangements for lodging and transportation and we prefer late-morning/afternoon departure times.
For those traveling to the camp from other locations:
- If you are not taking one of the buses, please plan flights into St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL).
- Flight arrival times in STL should be between 12 PM – 4 PM (Central Time) on Monday, August 7.
- From there, we will have buses or vans arranged to take conventioneers or chaperones to the camp.
- For those flying home from STL, buses or vans will be arranged to take departing conventioneers and chaperones from the camp back to the airport on Friday morning.
- Conventioneers will be dropped off at the airport by 9:00 AM (Central Time). Flight arrangements from STL should be planned accordingly. We recommend scheduling departures after noon (Central Time).
For conventioneers outside of the West Michigan area, the Federation Board subsidizes convention travel. To apply for subsidy, use the following link: Travel Subsidy Request Form
If you have any additional transportation questions, please contact the Transportation Committee at email@example.com.