Convention week is intended to be a time of spiritual enrichment and fellowship for the young people of our denomination. We believe that all conventioneers know what is expected of them. However, we all need guidelines to govern us at times. As the host church, Holland PRC will require all conventioneers to abide by these rules:
- Choice of clothing for all events including the banquet will be modest and reflect that the wearer is a child of God. This includes proper swim attire (i.e. NO bare midriffs for women). No visible undergarments. Girls, we ask that you do not wear t-shirts with sides ripped down to reveal a sports bra. (If we feel the clothing is inappropriate, you will be asked to change.)
- No water or food fights in the camp facilities and dining hall.
- No smoking, vaping, chewing tobacco, or alcohol.
- No illegal drugs or over-the-counter sleep inhibitors such as No-Doze, Monster, etc.
- No knives, matches, lighters, fireworks, or any type of weapon.
- Cell phones will be allowed during free time and games, for phone calls and for taking pictures. They may not be used during speeches and discussion groups. Chaperones have the right to take away phones if they feel you are abusing this privilege.
- Quiet time follows devotions, and all conventioneers must stay in their buildings after that. If you leave your building after devotions, you may be asked to leave the convention.
- Proper Christian conduct includes respect for other’s property. We intend to show respect to the camp and others belongings. Any broken items will be paid for by the person(s) responsible for the damage.
- Conventioneers will be expected to stay on Michindoh grounds at all times, and to respect others using the grounds at the same time.
- No boys in girls’ buildings/floors; no girls in boys’ buildings/floors.
- Shirts, shorts and shoes must be worn when inside all buildings.
- No pranks or vandalism.
Any young person expelled from the present year’s convention will not be allowed to attend future conventions pending an appeal to the Federation Board. The young person who was expelled will be held responsible to send a letter of apology addressed to the Fed Board showing true remorse for their misconduct. Upon receiving this letter the Fed Board will grant the young person reinstatement toward future conventions.
Michindoh Conference Center Rules
- The use of alcohol and illegal drugs (controlled substances) is strictly prohibited.
- Use of tobacco and smoking is prohibited at Michindoh (including all meeting/residence rooms and on the grounds).
- Use of waterfront and related equipment must be approved by Michindoh staff. All children on waterfront must have adult supervision.
- All guests are required to wear modest, one-piece swimwear. Staff will insist that a covering be worn if its felt the attire is inappropriate.
- NO pets allowed by guests.
- With respect for other guests and the surrounding community, a noise curfew of 11:00 pm will be strictly enforced.
- All vehicles must park in designated areas only.
- Unauthorized or reckless use of motorized vehicles is prohibited.
- Michindoh prohibits the use of any motorized recreational vehicles (trail bikes, snowmobiles, go-carts, etc.)
- Proper respect of all plant life and wildlife at Michindoh is expected.
- Possession of use of any weapon, firearm or fireworks is strictly prohibited.
- Bicycles, roller blades, skateboards, etc. are restricted to specific areas as identified by Michindoh staff and are to be used only as part of a supervised activity or under parental supervision.
- All unclaimed “lost and found” items will be disposed of accordingly after 30 days.
Activity Center Guidelines and Rules
- Food and drinks are not permitted in the gyms, weight/exercise room, racquetball courts, and no glass containers are allowed in the pool area
- Swimwear is not to be worn in the front lobby area. You must be fully clothed when going to the front lobby
- Running, skateboarding, rollerblading, heelys, and basketball handling of any sort is NOT allowed in common areas
- BLACK-SOLED TENNIS SHOES AND STREET SHOES are not permitted on any court floors unless they have been approved by an Activity Center Attendant
- Parents and/or counselors are responsible for Children/Youth under their supervision
- Gum chewing is not permitted
- Anyone caught vandalizing or damaging the Center will be held responsible for the incident and may not be allowed to return to the Activity Center for the duration of their stay per the discretion of the Michindoh Director